In Kyrgyzstan, the intensive use of natural resources has indeed made a significant contribution to economic growth, but at which cost?
A deep analysis of the current situation of the building sector in Kyrgyzstan was conducted through consultations with national architects and town planners. Furthermore, knowledge sharing and collection of good practices and recommendations from international stakeholders were also valuable when developing the market for a sustainable building and construction sector.
The Analytical Report that was produced by SWITCH-Asia experts is currently being finalised (in English and Russian) and will cover the following topics:
- An overview of the construction sector in Kyrgyzstan;
- The institutional structure and market framework for energy efficiency;
- Energy efficiency policy and legal framework;
- Development of the market for energy efficient materials in Kyrgyzstan;
- Best international practice for sustainable building materials;
- Practical steps to introduce energy efficiency in public buildings based on best international practices.
This Report was presented on 2nd September 2021 during a workshop that took place at the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic and to which over 30 experts from public and private institutions attended. Mr. Almaz Isanov, Director of the Economic Policy Research Institute under the Ministry of Economy was the event’s facilitator.