On 8 December 14:00 – 15:30 CET the EU supported Green Growth Knowledge Partnership (GGKP) and GO4SDGS will host an accelerator session as part of the World Circular Economy Forum (WCEF) 2022, which will focus on how to support locally-led solutions to accelerate circularity within businesses.
With a viable business case in mind, more and more enterprises consider joining the circular economy but lack support of locally led service providers. This session explores the importance of revitalising regional network of National Cleaner Production Centers (NCPC) to ensure best practice support is available to businesses investing in circularity from the local level. It further illustrates how such a network can help NCPCs enhance their role and performance within corporate circular economy supply chain initiatives.
The session will use an interactive format with representatives from NCPCs, SMEs, corporations with SMEs in their supply chains and international development organisations. Key topics that will be addressed are:
- Supporting NCPCs to achieve more visibility nationally amongst businesses and also within international development projects
- Highlighting the challenges NCPCs have in accessing knowledge and expertise to roll out effective SME circularity support programmes
- Outlining the key solutions that can be put in place such as better coordination of knowledge and experience sharing between country and regional circular economy projects and NCPCs, as well as how to help orient NCPC activities around supply chain initiatives
- Hannes Mac Nulty, Manager, GGKP – Green Industry Platform
- Andrii Vorfolomeiev, Director, Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Centre (Ukraine)
- Lee-Hendor Ruiters, Manager, Strategy and Innovation, National Cleaner Production Centre South Africa (NCPC-SA)
- Victoria Akai, Director General at Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Alessandra Lepore, Coordinator of the EU SWITCH-Asia Programme, European Commission